Sunday, May 10, 2015

Rocky Road

     This week was difficult to learn more Malayalam due to all the testing and family chaos,  but I got a new idea.  Since we usually have a family prayer,  it would be a challenge and helpful to pray in Malayalam.  As I continued to pray,  it just became easier and easier to pronounce words and fluently speak.  I noticed a new found confidence and it felt as if I never new English!
     Over the course of this whole research project,  I was able to find deeper meaning not only in my uncovered heritage,  but also in me. I began to see what I was capable of,  and how fun it was to learn something important to me. I also saw how learning my heritage has brought a smile to my parents' faces when I speak to them.  Even though it was difficult and my parents were not always home,  I was able to learn something new every day!
     I believe I can only get better by continuing to practice and many refresher lessons.  Since I will be having some free time in the Summer,  I believe my skills will exponentially increase. I also am  hoping I will be able to write in Malayalam and have more knowledge about my language. With much practice,  I believe I can read and write Malayalam as easily as I do with English. Thank you all for joining me to uncover my hidden heredity.  There's still things left uncovered,  so let us bring them into the light!

നന്ദി ~ Thank you (Nani) 

No comments:

Post a Comment